Cookies on this website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click 'Accept all cookies' we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies and you won't see this message again. If you click 'Reject all non-essential cookies' only necessary cookies providing core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility will be enabled. Click 'Find out more' for information on how to change your cookie settings.

Information for WIN researchers looking to invite a visitor to WIN for any period

Please note that the following guidance is for WIN researchers only


WIN Visitor Hosting Guidance

All external individuals coming to WIN (for example, an intern or visitor) need to be logged with WIN, and in some cases, need WIN approval prior to the visit taking place. Please use the WIN visitor hosting request form for both purposes. 

Why does WIN need to be informed?

WIN needs to be informed about all visitors to make sure we are able to host the proposed work and to provide any additional material you might need (e.g. letters of support).

When is WIN approval needed?

Approval is needed for any visitor who would be working with you for more than three months. This is because our space and resources are limited. Please note, visitors staying less than a year will not be provided individual desk space.

How do I apply for approval?

When WIN approval is needed, please submit approval form to WIN well ahead of any deadlines, preferably two months (ideally more). Please email with your request form and CV of the individual you would like to host to arrange review. If any letters of support are needed, please indicate this at the time of WIN form submission.

WIN Visitor Hosting Request Form [Requires SSO]

WIN approval does not replace department approval, and the relevant department process must also be followed.

Please contact your department HR team for more information on this process, including timelines.