Ways to get involved
*All opportunities advertised here are paid*
There are two ways you can get involved with research at WIN. You can be a participant in WIN research (for example, come in for an MRI scan or do other tests as part of a study), or you can help shape decisions about WIN research (e.g. participating in focus groups where you share your opinion about what topics should be researched). You can find listings for both types of opportunities below. Some of the hyperlinks below are to PDF downloads - please contact Hanna Smyth if you need the information in an alternative format.
Opportunities to be a participant in a WIN research study:
- 1x 3.5hr session plus potential 45min additional scan
- Must be native English-speaking, aged 18-45
- Recruiting for people who do or do not stammer
- 3x 3hr sessions over 3 weeks
- Must be right-handed, age 18-35, no history of epilepsy
- 1x 3hr session
- Must be 18-60, not pregnant, no history of chronic pain or current acute pain and no neurological disorders
Opportunities to shape decisions about WIN research (how it is designed, what the questions are, how it is shared, etc)
- All NHS clinical and support staff (e.g. midwives, junior doctors, health care assistants, paramedics, porters, cleaners and managers of night staff) are eligible
- Share your opinions on potential research directions that would benefit your sleep and wellbeing
- 1x 1hr telephone chat with a researcher
WIN researchers, please contact Hanna Smyth to submit an opportunity for posting.