Postdoctoral Research Associate
Decision Making and Motor Control during adaptive behaviour
I am interested in understanding information processing in the prefrontal cortex, the motor cortex, and the striatum in the context of choosing actions to obtain reward and how the midbrain dopaminergic system influences signal integration in the striatum.
My projects include three lines of investigation:
- Action selection and motor control
- Reward-guided choice behaviour in an ambiguous environment (social or economic)
- Learning processes associated with changes in action-outcome contingencies
I am using either simultaneous dual-neuron recordings, fMRI tools, or Reinforcement Learning models in behaving macaque monkeys according to project requirement.
I aim to investigate learning-related changes in neuronal activities, with an emphasis on the following aspects:
- Functional organization of the striatum and its connectivity, related to information processing (in collaboration with P. Apicella, A-C. Martel, A. Brovelli – INT, Marseille)
- Signal processing in Basal Ganglia neuronal microcircuit (in collaboration with P. Apicella, A-C. Martel – INT, Marseille / P. Fischer – NDCN, Oxford)
- Social and economic values processing in fronto-striatal functional connectivity (in collaboration with M. Rushworth, M. Klein-Flugge – Experimental Psychology, Oxford / E. Fouragnan – School of Psychology, Plymouth)
- Cortico-striatal functional connectivity during complex decisions (in collaboration with M. Rushworth, M. Klein-Flugge – Experimental Psychology, Oxford / E. Fouragnan – School of Psychology, Plymouth)
Changes in activity of fast-spiking interneurons of the monkey striatum during reaching at a visual target.
Marche K. and Apicella P., (2017), J Neurophysiol, 117, 65 - 78
Differences between Dorsal and Ventral Striatum in the Sensitivity of Tonically Active Neurons to Rewarding Events.
Marche K. et al, (2017), Front Syst Neurosci, 11
Paul Apicella, Research Director in Neurophysiology (CNRS, Marseille, France) http://www.int.univ-amu.fr/APICELLA-Paul?lang=fr
Elsa Fouragnan, Lecturer in Psychology (School of Psychology, University of Plymouth, UK) https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/staff/elsa-fouragnan
Andrea Brovelli, Researcher in Cognitive Neuroscience (CNRS, Marseille, France) http://www.int.univ-amu.fr/BROVELLI-Andrea?lang=fr
Petra Fischer, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Neuroscience (NDCN, University of Oxford, UK) https://www.ndcn.ox.ac.uk/team/petra-fischer
Anne-Caroline Martel, PhD student in Neurophysiology (CNRS, Marseille, France) http://www.int.univ-amu.fr/MARTEL-Anne-caroline?lang=fr